Parenting Beyond Belief Seminar
Mar 19, 2011 / 12:30 PM
Gage Hall, 4 Archdale St, Charleston
Over nine million parents in the U.S. are raising children without theistic religion. The PARENTING BEYOND BELIEF SEMINAR, a unique half-day workshop with author and educator Dale McGowan, offers encouragement and practical solutions for secular parenting in a religious world.|
Based on the freethinking philosophy of the book Newsweek called "a compelling read," the PARENTING BEYOND BELIEF SEMINAR is empowering secular parents across the country to raise ethical, caring, confident kids without religion.
Participants will learn effective ways to:
- Encourage religious literacy without indoctrination;
- Help kids interact productively with a religious world;
- Help kids develop active moral reasoning;
- Weigh church-state issues in the public sphere;
- Address sensitive issues with religious relatives using the principles of nonviolent communication;
- Help children develop a healthy understanding of death and a joyful love of life;
- Build a family atmosphere of fearless questioning and boundless wonder;
...and much more.
The cost for this special seminar is as follows:
Individuals: $30 for SHL members, $40 for non-members
Couples: $50 for SHL members, $60 for non-members
Childcare will be provided, and refreshments will be served.
If you're not yet an SHL member and you'd like to join, or if you need to renew your membership, please visit our membership page.
(click for more info)
(Click here to return the the SHL homepage.)