|SHL's Solstice Potluck this Sunday|
The following e-mail announcement was sent by Amy Monsky to the Monthly Meeting Reminders mailing list:
SHL’s annual Winter Solstice Potluck will be held this Sunday on December 16, 2012, at 5 pm at the Summerville home of Robert and Janet Rosenzweig. Please bring an appetizer, salad, main dish, side dish, or dessert to share. If you don’t like to cook, wine, beer, and soft drinks are always welcome.
Also, bring books, CDs, or DVDs for our annual book auction. Proceeds will be donated to a good cause. Herb Silverman will be our auctioneer. (To keep the auction from lasting an eternity, please bring items related directly to humanism.)
We are excited to have special guests, Sam West and Ethan Sigmon. Sam and Ethan are filming a documentary, We Are Not Monsters: Revelry, which is intended to show the mainstream media that atheists, secularists, humanists, and nonbelievers are, in fact, good people too. The proceeds of this year’s book auction will go toward Sam and Ethan’s efforts. To learn more, visit their website: http://www.wearenotmonsters.com/
If you’re using Google Maps, MapQuest, or a GPS, the Rosenzweigs’ address is 100 Willis Lane, Summerville, SC 29483.
If you prefer to kick it old-school, here are the directions:
- Take I-26 West towards Columbia.
- Take exit 199A. You’ll be on 17 Alt going south.
- When you can, get two lanes over.
- Go approximately 2∂ Miles (9 lights).
- Turn right at Richardson. (A theater will be on your left, a park on your right, and you’ll be facing Town Hall.)
- Go 1 block.
- Turn left at next light, which is Cedar Street (Rae Rocco will be on your left, the Commission of Public Works on your right.)
- Cedar curves and becomes Central Avenue.
- Go approximately 1 mile (2 lights).
- After the second light (Carolina), go 1 long block past 4 or 5 houses.
- When you see a yellow fire hydrant, turn right.
- Enter immediately onto a diagonal gravel/dirt road facing you called Briarwood Lane
- At Willis Lane, turn left.
- The Rosenzweigs’ house (100 Willis) is the first red brick house on right. It has white columns and black shutters.
If you get lost or need further directions, you can call the Rosenzweigs at (843) 851-2928 (home) or (843) 327-1266 (mobile).
We hope to see you there, and we would like to extend a special invitation to people on our mailing list who rarely come to meetings, as well as past speakers who are not members. There will be no meeting at Gage Hall this month but we will return to our regular meeting format in January.
To sign up for e-mail announcements from the SHL or to manage your subscriptions, click here.